Teens and adolescents are by no means immune from addiction and, in fact, young adults addicted to alcohol or drugs are more likely to drop out of school, commit criminal acts, suffer self-image issues, alienate themselves from peers, and experience devastating debt. Problems like substance use, depression, anxiety, trauma, self-harm, and failure to launch can impact brain development in adolescents, disrupting social, emotional, and intellectual functioning.
Facts on Adolescent Substance Abuse
The statistics are quite staggering when it comes to adolescent drug and alcohol abuse. If you or someone you love is suffering from addiction, it’s essential that you get help; don’t wait.
- Almost 50% of high school seniors have abused a drug of some kind.
- 64% of teens say they have used prescription painkillers that they got from a friend or family member.
- More teenagers die from taking prescription drugs than the use of cocaine and heroin combined.
- By eight grade 15% of kids have used marijuana; 43% of high school seniors have used marijuana.
- 6% of 12thgraders have used hallucinogens.
- 1 in every 9 high school seniors has tried synthetic marijuana (also known as “Spice” or “K2”).
- 6% of teens use the prescription drug Aderall.
- Over 5% of 12thgraders have used cocaine and over 2% have used crack.
Benefits of Rehab Facilities for Adolescents
For adolescents, the path to recovery can be very different than an adult. Young adults with substance use disorders or mental health problems often seem at their worst and may engage in the following:
- Self-destructive behavior
- Explosive bouts of anger
- School failures
- Self-hatred and disdain for others
That’s why Christina Rehab Network offers a faith-based rehab for adolescents (defines as ages 13 to 17). Our program is designed to address the specific needs of adolescents in a safe, supportive environment, surrounded by other teenagers or young adults battling addition.
We offer group and individual therapy, Bible study, pastoral care, and recreational recovery activities that give adolescents age-appropriate strategies for coping with issues like depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, substance use disorders, and social difficulties. Our scripture-based adolescent addiction treatment helps you connect with God as you find your way back from substance abuse and/or a co-occurring mental issue. Family involvement is a core part of addiction treatment for adolescents as well. To this end, we have Christian-based family therapy services to help everyone heal.
Christian Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Adolescents
At Christian Rehab Network, we partner with faith-based programs including medical detox, outpatient and residential rehab, and sober living communities to offer adolescents a full continuum of care. To inquire about insurance and private payment options for adolescent drug rehabilitation, call 877-310-9545 or submit a secure online inquiry today.