You already know that good sleep habits are an important part of your overall health and recovery plan – but what you do in those first seconds, minutes and hours after you wake up counts, too. In fact, the right morning routine can help provide you with the energy and self-control to stay the sober path. Try these tips to set a positive tone that lasts the entire day.
- Drink a tall glass of water. This is a great health habit to make part of your a.m. routine. Water hydrates you, of course, but it also helps to fire up your metabolism, flush out any toxins and give your brain fuel.
- Stretch your extremities. Before jumping out of bed, take a few minutes to limber up your muscles and joints for the day. Start with your fingers, wrists and arms and then move to each body part.
- Say a morning prayer. A morning prayer will help you focus your time and attention on seeking God’s plan for the day ahead.
- Get moving. There’s a bunch of benefits to working out first thing in the morning. For one, people who exercise regularly in the morning are more likely to stick with the routine. Plus, beginning your day with movement will inspire you to stay active throughout the rest of the day.
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast. They say it’s the most important meal of the day and for good reason. Fueling your body with the right a.m. foods can give you energy, boost brain activity and help you stave off cravings.
- Listen to music. Spending just 10 to 15 minutes listening to music is a great way to get in a good mood for the day ahead. Music has been touted for its ability to relieve stress, reduce pain and even make you smarter.
- Read a motivational quote. The right quote can help give you the energy and inspiration needed to get going and go to work toward your short- and long-term recovery goals.
Addiction Treatment for Men and Women
With our faith-based approach to addiction recovery, we can help you build a new, sober life while also rebuilding your relationship with Christ. Take that first step today. Call: 877-310-9545.