Spring is here and it’s the perfect time to open the windows, let the sun shine in and clear all the clutter from your mind! These steps will help you get started.
- Make a list. Write down everything you need to do to free up your mental space for thinking.
- Prioritize your top 3. This can help prevent you from becoming overwhelmed or frustrated while tackling your to-do list.
- Seek serenity in nature. Spend some time in the fresh air and open space to calm and soothe your mind. Inhale deeply and take in all the beauty.
- Clear the clutter. A messy desk, room, kitchen or counter top – this type of physical mess can make it more difficult to concentrate and relax – and it may even lead to fatigue.
- Be thankful for each day’s blessings. Remember, you have been given what you need for today so focus on the present and take one day at a time.
- Go on a tech diet. Anxiety and depression have been linked to smartphone overuse, so give your brain a break and separate yourself from your mobile device.
- Enjoy the Sabbath. You deserve a brake – and this includes chores.
- Take a positive spin. Negative thoughts weigh the mind and heart and eat up a ton of mental space. So let go of any feelings of resentment, bitterness, jealousy, regret and hatred.
Mental Health Treatment for Christians
Similar to an addiction to drugs or alcohol, mental illness can feel like a dark room with no windows. At Christian Rehab Network, we work with pastors and credentialed therapists to help our clients and their families lift the veil of darkness and start to feel hopeful again. To learn more, call today: 877-310-9545.