Dealing with addiction recovery is hard. It can wear you down mentally, spiritually and physically. But, you should remember that you always have someone on your side. God. He’s there. He’s listening. He’s a silent champion for your success. Remember that.
While life may look like a trail carved from a steep, uneven path at times, it’s important to know that your trek along each and every one of those cracks, walls and uphill climbs isn’t one surpassed alone. Even if your footprints are the only ones left on the trail behind you, it’s important to know that you have His strength by your side.
That’s why many of those on the path to recovery have realized that running is more than just exercise. It’s an opportunity to clear your mind, focus on nothing but the open road, and just, breathe. And, for many, the act of running is transformed into something more – a spiritual workout. It’s a chance to say a prayer with your running partner each day.
Is Christ your running partner? Here are ten prayers to strengthen your spiritual workouts.
- Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1
- Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of age. Matthew 28:20
- The Lord will work out his plans for my life. Psalm 138:8
- I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as the mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. Matthew 17:20
- To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. Luke 19:26
- I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see. Hebrews 11:1
- ‘I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.’ Jeremiah 29:11
- Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. Timothy 4:12
- We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
Helping You Discover God’s Recovery Plan for You
When you are a Christian who is grappling with substance abuse and addiction, you may feel that God has abandoned you. Remember, you may not always understand the plan He has for your life, but it will be revealed to you in surprising ways.
The addiction specialists at Christian Rehab Network believe that God has employed us to make sure affordable rehab is readily available for all of Christ’s followers, including you. Our Christian-based addiction treatment centers provide the best recovery care available. Our partners address more than your physical and mental needs. They also offer spiritual guidance to help you regain your closeness to Jesus. Call us now at (877) 310-9545, and we will walk by your side through enrollment, treatment, and recovery.